Last visit was: It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:24 pm


All times are UTC - 4 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:18 am 
orange addict

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:02 pm
Posts: 214
Real-life jokes are way worst.
Don't get me wrong my friend generally cared and still for but it still hurts my feeling when they made jokes about my anorexia.

Like I remember wanting to join golf...
And hearing a distant friend laugh "you would be to weak to pick up the club."

The pain of playing kickball,, having too, and having people comment on how I was going to lose because I was so frail.

I laughed, or tried to of course, but even ehen it's not offensive. (ex: a girl talking about her friend who was 'depressing, psycho, cus herself, and have my best friend go "JUST LIKE HER") it still hurts when people comment on my disorder like it's the only thing they see.

It's not my fault I'm depressed, have a. ED, and emotional.
Just wish some could stop commenting on it like that,

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Family Guy Bulimia References
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:46 pm 
power lies within
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:00 pm
Posts: 6147
Why can't people joke about obvious things? It's a way better way of dealing with things than pretending they aren't there... y'know. I'd rather joke about myself than be the elephant in the room (see wat i did there?).

Besides, if they didn't comment on it, you'd be upset and think no one cared or noticed you were hurting.

Brush that dirt off yo' shoulder. Or even better, give people something to see besides your disorder(s).

_________________
bubbles to the chandelier


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Family Guy Bulimia References
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:58 pm 
orange addict

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:02 pm
Posts: 214
delenda wrote:
Why can't people joke about obvious things? It's a way better way of dealing with things than pretending they aren't there... y'know. I'd rather joke about myself than be the elephant in the room (see wat i did

Brush that dirt off yo' shoulder. Or even better, give people something to see besides your disorder(s).


I do o.o I'm just that antisocial kid hanging out with the, as we called, outsider (get it! Like the outsiders! The book! OMG ITS SO AWESOME) so there really isn't much of me to see, o.o, I usually get over it pretty fast though. ;)

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Family Guy Bulimia References
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:02 pm 
orange goddess
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:30 pm
Posts: 1952
Agree with Delenda here. I read this great article the other day about comedy based on sensitive subject matter - the basic thrust of it is that most things are fair game, though it takes excellently honed skills to execute such jokes. My problem with family guy is that I just haven't found it funny since about season 5 haha.

_________________
I didn't want flowers...


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Family Guy Bulimia References
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:48 am 
orange is a state of mind
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 2285
Location: N/E England
joycelot wrote:
Agree with Delenda here. I read this great article the other day about comedy based on sensitive subject matter - the basic thrust of it is that most things are fair game, though it takes excellently honed skills to execute such jokes. My problem with family guy is that I just haven't found it funny since about season 5 haha.


Neither have I!!

_________________
All flowers in time bend towards the sun ♥♡♥

Life is what you make it :)


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Family Guy Bulimia References
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:19 am 
orange addict

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:02 pm
Posts: 214
Idk which seasons are which bu I can go through the new ones and not laugh once. O.o but I watch it anyway sometimes since that's my only motivation to exercise.

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Family Guy Bulimia References
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:46 pm 
orange is a state of mind
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 2285
Location: N/E England
Thecloverbunny5 wrote:
but I watch it anyway sometimes since that's my only motivation to exercise.


Hmm? :s

_________________
All flowers in time bend towards the sun ♥♡♥

Life is what you make it :)


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Family Guy Bulimia References
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:09 pm 
orange addict

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:02 pm
Posts: 214
eniebee wrote:
Thecloverbunny5 wrote:
but I watch it anyway sometimes since that's my only motivation to exercise.


Hmm? :s


I has to have the tv on something. Don't ask why I just do

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Family Guy Bulimia References
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:55 pm 
galactic orange
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:57 am
Posts: 788
Location: Australia
Quote:
My problem with family guy is that I just haven't found it funny since about season 5 haha.


:topic: Same! When i'm home, my brother has it (and thanks to Foxtel) every other cartoon available on, all the time. Since discovering that Mila Kunis voices Meg, I am now able to watch it, picturing her in all the scenes (which is amusing in its self).


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Family Guy Bulimia References
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:24 pm 
orange addict

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:02 pm
Posts: 214
rosie wrote:
Quote:
My problem with family guy is that I just haven't found it funny since about season 5 haha.


:topic: Same! When i'm home, my brother has it (and thanks to Foxtel) every other cartoon available on, all the time. Since discovering that Mila Kunis voices Meg, I am now able to watch it, picturing her in all the scenes (which is amusing in its self).


LOL Tara strong (who voices bubbles from PPGS, works on Ben 10, Timmy turner, and twilight sparkle on my little pony friendship is magic) is the singing voice actor for Meg so that got me hooked on the show even more

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Family Guy Bulimia References
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:23 pm 
admin goddess from hell
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:10 am
Posts: 12363
Thecloverbunny5 wrote:
eniebee wrote:
Thecloverbunny5 wrote:
but I watch it anyway sometimes since that's my only motivation to exercise.


Hmm? :s


Ok, aren't you underweight and trying to weight-restore and normalise eating? If so, why the heck are you exercising? I just want to be clear that you know that if you restrict and exercise, you may actually gain weight because your metabolism grinds to a halt to get every calorie and nutrient out of what little you do eat, and the exercise will also encourage edema.

Please, Cloverbunny5, I know you are young, confused and not sure what - if any - support you can get, but please remember, this is a recovery site. When you post something about how you engage in ED behaviours, the expectation is that you will look at that and start thinking of strategies to reduce the behaviours or ask others for ideas.

I has to have the tv on something. Don't ask why I just do

_________________
Whispered words of wisdom,
Let it be.

~~ John Lennon


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Family Guy Bulimia References
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:35 pm 
orange addict

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:02 pm
Posts: 214
Spender wrote:
Thecloverbunny5 wrote:
eniebee wrote:
.


Hmm? :s


Ok, aren't you underweight and trying to weight-restore and normalise eating? If so, why the heck are you exercising? I just want to be clear that you know that if you restrict and exercise, you may actually gain weight because your metabolism grinds to a halt to get every calorie and nutrient out of what little you do eat, and the exercise will also encourage edema.

Please, Cloverbunny5, I know you are young, confused and not sure what - if any - support you can get, but please remember, this is a recovery site. When you post something about how you engage in ED behaviours, the expectation is that you will look at that and start thinking of strategies to reduce the behaviours or ask others for ideas.
[\quote]



Oh I'll go and white some stuff out. And im exercising very little. Not compulsively and under weight restoration. :? I'm trying to get rid of my shortness of breath. Its not about weight, or calories, my bodies just pretty much so broken down from restricting it's hard for me to get littles of exercise. I stopped restricting though. It isn't because of weight and calories, it's about strengthening my body and proving myself what I can do. Not to get skinnier.

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Family Guy Bulimia References
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:52 pm 
orange is a state of mind
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:30 am
Posts: 2888
Location: Florida
Thecloverbunny5 wrote:
Oh I'll go and white some stuff out. And im exercising very little. Not compulsively and under weight restoration. :? I'm trying to get rid of my shortness of breath. Its not about weight, or calories, my bodies just pretty much so broken down from restricting it's hard for me to get littles of exercise. I stopped restricting though. It isn't because of weight and calories, it's about strengthening my body and proving myself what I can do. Not to get skinnier.

If you'll look back, you weren't asked to white things out, you were asked to challenge yourself. Going back and hiding it doesn't deal with the problem or do anything to actually help yourself.

Your body has to heal. It probably has to heal a lot, along with trying to do normal teenage growing. Give it food and let it make those repairs. Right now every scrap of evergy you can spare will go to repairing your damaged body, and exercising is just robbing your body of those resources.

Yeah, exercise will probably be a part of your lifestyle once you are healthy, but starting to soon (no matter how little) is going to make you stay sicker for longer.

Why does exercise have to be how you prove what you can do? What about reaching recovery goals or journaling every day or finding the gumption to talk to your doctor? Those would all help you heal instead of holding you back.

_________________
Stop looking for happiness. Start creating it.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Family Guy Bulimia References
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:16 pm 
orange addict

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:02 pm
Posts: 214
Kate wrote:
Thecloverbunny5 wrote:
Oh I'll go and white some stuff out. And im exercising very little. Not compulsively and under weight restoration. :? I'm trying to get rid of my shortness of breath. Its not about weight, or calories, my bodies just pretty much so broken down from restricting it's hard for me to get littles of exercise. I stopped restricting though. It isn't because of weight and calories, it's about strengthening my body and proving myself what I can do. Not to get skinnier.


Your body has to heal. It probably has to heal a lot, along with trying to do normal teenage growing. Give it food and let it make those repairs. Right now every scrap of evergy you can spare will go to repairing your damaged body, and exercising is just robbing your body of those resources.

Yeah, exercise will probably be a part of your lifestyle once you are healthy, but starting to soon (no matter how little) is going to make you stay sicker for longer.

Why does exercise have to be how you prove what you can do? What about reaching recovery goals or journaling every day or finding the gumption to talk to your doctor? Those would all help you heal instead of holding you back.



Doctor appointment next week ><; nervous about health problems.

I didn't know about the sick thing. But thanks for telling me

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Moderator: post-mods Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net & kodeki