Last visit was: It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: 20 Ways to Love Your Body
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:11 pm 
orange addict

Think of your body as the vehicle to your dreams. Honor it. Respect it. Fuel it.

Your body is extraordinary--begin to respect and appreciate it.

Create a list of all the things your body lets you do. Read it and add to it often.

Become aware of what your body can do each day. Remember it is the instrument of your life, not just an ornament.

Create a list of people you admire: people who have contributed to your life, your community, or the world. Consider whether their appearance was important to their success and accomplishments.

Walk with your head held high, supported by pride and confidence in yourself as a person.

Dont let your weight or shape keep you from activities that you enjoy.

Wear comfortable clothes that you like and that feel good to your body.

Count your blessings, not your blemishes.

Think about all the things you could accomplish with the time and energy you currently spend worrying about your body and appearance. Try one!

Be your bodys friend and supporter, not its enemy.

Consider this: your skin replaces itself once a month, your stomach lining every five days, your liver every six weeks, and your skeleton every three months.

Every morning when you wake up, thank your body for resting and rejuvenating itself so you can enjoy the day.

Every evening when you go to bed, tell your body how much you appreciate what it has allowed you to do throughout the day.

Find a method of exercise that you enjoy and do it regularly. Dont exercise to lose weight or to fight your body. Do it to make your body healthy and strong and because it makes you feel good.

Think back to a time in your life when you felt good about your body. Tell yourself you can feel like that again, even in this body at this age.

Keep a list of 10 positive things about yourself--without mentioning your appearance. Add to it!

Put a sign on each of your mirrors saying, Im beautiful inside and out.

Choose to find the beauty in the world and in yourself.

Start saying to yourself, Life is too short to waste my time hating my body this way.

Eat when you are hungry. Rest when you are tired. Surround yourself with people that remind you of your inner strength and beauty.

'The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.' -- John Milton

"The self is not something that one finds. It is something one creates."
-- Thomas Szasz

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:47 pm 
orange wonder

that was really inspiring, thank you for sharing!

I never thought of some of those, like all the things your body lets you do during the day. we really are lucky.

:clap:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:57 am 
orange you glad?

It is amazing isn't it...all the things it does without us having to even think about it, like breathing, and feeling and moving..all done by little chemicals moving around. The human body is just incredible...I wish I was nicer to mine..! Lets all try and be a little bit nicer to our bodies today...they let us do a lot!

"My rollercoaster's got the biggest ups and downs, as long as it keeps going round its unbelievable!" Kimya Dawson

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:49 pm 
orange you prolific

thank you! these are going on some post its :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 20 Ways to Love Your Body
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:51 pm 
admin goddess from hell

Just bumping this as it's a really good read, particularly at this time of year.

~~ John Lennon

Offline Profile