Last visit was: It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: The Kissy Project
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:26 pm 
stranger in an orange land

Just wanted to let anyone who is interested know about a beautiful recovery site called "The Kissy Project". It has really helped me and lets me know I'm not alone. Check it out if you have a spare moment-

*****TRIGGER WARNING!!!!****
Some photos on the site may be triggering to some. Please view with caution or do not visit the site if you will be triggered by the images. Thanks Oranges! -Fame

http://thekissyproject.com/

Stay healthy and happy.

Soph x

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: The Kissy Project
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:56 pm 
orange is a state of mind

Just a warning everyone that the site contains pictures of the girl who runs it, while she was very unwell and has a tube in. You might find it triggering (I did) so i didn't look into it much but just be careful that you are in a good head space if you are going to go there.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:13 am 
post-mod squad

I went to the site and did look around. Other than the pictures of the author when she was ill and in the hospital, which obviously were not taken by her, the site seems to be pretty good and actually quite upbeat and recovery oriented. I didn't read her blog or the letters section, or the section that looks like it was written by her mother, but the sections that I did look at seemed ok. The actual information looks pretty much straight out of the DSM IV or whatever number it is these days. And her page on myths is good.

My own disclaimer is that medical pictures don't bother me even if someone has a tube in, but please keep in mind that is my thing and it may very well bother you if you go to that page. The only reason it bothered me was that it was a picture of someone who was so ill and I felt bad for her.

The rest of the site really was ok.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:23 pm 
orange you prolific

I love the blog part because she shows pure, raw emotion. And that makes me pause and consider my emotions- something I need a lot of practice on.

*nicki

Offline Profile