Last visit was: It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Jennifer Lawrence on Body Image
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:25 pm 
orange you prolific

Jennifer Lawrence wrote:
In Hollywood, I’m obese. I’m considered a fat actress. I’m never going to starve myself for a part. I keep waiting for that one role to come along that scares me enough into dieting, and it just can’t happen. I’m invincible. I don’t want little girls to be like, ‘Oh, I want to look like Katniss, so I’m going to skip dinner.’ That’s something that I was really conscious of during training. I was trying to get my body to look fit and strong, not thin and underfed.

A good article to take a look at: 6 Reasons Why Jennifer Lawrence's Diet Is The Best {to clarify, "diet" here means how she eats- not a list of rules. The point of the article is she has no food rules}.

Simply put: she's fucking awesome.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Jennifer Lawrence on Body Image
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:11 pm 
orange is a state of mind

Have you seen recent photos of her for the catching fire shindig? She looks like she has lost a good amount of weight. I hope she did it healthily but either way it makes me sad because she didn't need to lose weight to begin with.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:35 pm 
orange you prolific

I guess I don't know what you mean. I've read a few articles about her with recent pictures and she looks the same to me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:13 am 
power lies within

Who?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:04 am 
orange you prolific

click here

All sarcasm aside, she has won a bunch of awards for her lead role in Silver Linings Playbook {inc Golden Globe, Oscar, and Academy Award}, hosted SNL, is the female lead in the Hunger Games movies {won a bunch of awards for that as well}, is in the X-Men movies, and a handful of other things.

She's fairly sassy and honest, which gets her a lot of press. Every interview with her is hilarious. Like this situation and also this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:47 am 

The character she plays in The Hunger Games supposedly has lived in famine her entire life, so I can see her losing some weight to play that part. Katniss is supposed to be strong, not healthy. She has shown that she can perform well at a normal weight without it having to be part of her shtick ("look at this chick, she's fat and funny!"), and seems to be a good role model so far. Plus, when a friend of mine's sister met her at a cafe, she was totally cool with holding my friend's baby niece and posing for some pictures, and apparently she was really nice. I'm a fan.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:02 am 

She said during the hunger games that she wouldn't lose weight for the role. She didn't want young girls looking at a thin Latinas and striving to look like that. I agree she is a great role model and I'm a huge fan of hers. She just looks like she has lost weight recently and it's a bit concerning. (Her face and arms are the part that look thinner in her recent photos).

Her movie, winters bone, was fantastic.

Offline Profile