Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Motivational Quotes!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:55 pm 
orange wonder

Something our clinical psych prof (who is also a therapist and still sees patients) has said once in a lecture.
Something that made me respect and like her even more than I did before. (It's not a literal quote, though and it's kind of impossible to convey the sentiment that came with it)

Quote:
"You aren't better or worth more than your patients. Your patients have a problem they need help with and that's the only difference."

We're persons. Personalities. Individuals. That's important. We belong in this world and have the same rights and are no less deserving than anyone else.
That idea of man (or woman?) just rocks, doesn't it?

This conveyed so much acceptance and respect for sick people, it was one of my motivations to let go of shame and secrecy. To not see myself as a pariah. Or someone who would become a pariah if she ever were "found out".

Conscience has no jury
Like eyes to details turned
Nor has shame a stage
Life perfectionism scorned

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:20 am 
orange goddess

If opportunity doesnt knock, build a door

Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling. - Margaret Lee Runbeck, 1905-1956

In the hopes of reaching the moon men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet. - Albert Schweitzer, 1875-1965

xx

whether u think u can, or think u cant-UR RIGHT!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:16 pm 
stranger in an orange land

I am in charge of how I feel and today I choose happiness.

I contain everything I need for a life full of delight.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it's going to launch you into something great. Just focus and keep aiming.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:07 pm 
orange you prolific

tellthemstories wrote:

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it's going to launch you into something great. Just focus and keep aiming.

Good one!

Kelly

My cats think I'm perfect just the way I am!

Your feelings will not kill you, engaging in disordered behaviors could.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:46 pm 
Demi Mod

“What you need to do is eat. From the bottom of your heart you know this. You need to eat. Eat. Eat. Eat.

You cannot spend your whole life like this. You can’t, you just can’t. It will be torture. You will be on your deathbed and look back and think ‘what a waste’, what a waste of a fucking life.

Yes, I have no doubt you will be successful— you will have a good job, money, you will run for President and you may win— but you will be an empty soul. A shell. A shell of nothing.

You will strive and strive for success, but you will not enjoy any of it, not even for a day— because you will be so utterly consumed by what you weigh, how big your stomach is, how huge your thighs are, and you will look at every girl on the street and compare and be that judgmental person you despise so much. This needs to stop. This fucking messed up crap in your HEAD needs to stop.

You need to eat. Eat. Eat. Eat.

Yes, you are a normal size, yes you have fat on your body— but you need to goddam eat. You need to accept your body. You have to learn that having a smaller body, might make you a bit happier, but the trade off is that you will not be able to eat—you will be shell.

Do you hear me? A shell.

Do you want to spend your whole life running away from mirrors or any pictures, scared to death that you might actually catch a glimpse of your face and body? What type of life is that? This messed up tortured game needs to stop.

All I want is silence, ignorance, silence— anything. Silence from my mind, the worst enemy I have ever known.

I know the other day you thought:

“What would be the best way to end this journey?”

…and you answered:

“Pills or cutting your wrists”.

This coming from the girl who once simply could not get enough of the world.

Who ran to high school everyday early, as you simply couldn’t get enough of it. Who cried at 19 on an amazing trip, simply because you were so excited about the world, your life and what it could bring.

This girl? This girl? How the fuck did this happen?

But this is it. You need to move on. I need to move on.

Not to death, but to life.

This needs to happen. It has to.

I want to travel the world and cry again about the possibilities that it could bring. I want a great career, to be president and to use my mind for good.

I want to have children who I love, and teach them to love life too. I want to have a husband who I love also, and we will have great conversations together, grow old together, and eat cheese and wine by a fire—and not care about the fucking, goddam calories.

This needs to stop. Not needs to, has to. I am done. I am so done. I need to eat. I know that is the solution.

Eat. Accept. Eat. Accept. I need to eat.”

- Jen (via http://www.youreatopia.com/blog/2013/7/13/you-save-yourself.html)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:03 pm 
Orange Admin

"Instead of saying “I don’t have time” try saying “it’s not a priority,” and see how that feels. Often, that’s a perfectly adequate explanation. I have time to iron my sheets, I just don’t want to. But other things are harder. Try it: “I don’t go to the doctor because my health is not a priority.” If these phrases don’t sit well, that’s the point. Changing our language reminds us that time is a choice. If we don’t like how we’re spending an hour, we can choose differently."

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:25 pm 
power lies within

Love that!!^^^^

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:56 pm 
power lies within

One of the most inspirational, motivational women has passed. Maya Angelou. My calendar quotes her saying, "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

R.I.P. Maya Angelou. You have helped so many feel inspired and empowered.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:14 am 
orange goddess

So simple and yet so good...

If nothing changes, nothing changes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:38 am 
Demi Mod

^ Mind if I post it on the WBB tumblr? :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:56 am 
orange goddess

Go for it!

If nothing changes, nothing changes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:17 am 
Demi Mod

"The magical part is that the more you let go, the better it feels. The more you step into insecurity, the more you notice how secure and safe it is. Where you just stepped out of was unsafe. Everyone is so miserable because they seek security in things that are limited and always moving and changing unpredictably." - Adyashanti, The Impact of Awakening

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:18 pm 
Demi Mod

"If this illness feels right now like a cage, please try to hear me: It isn’t locked. It has been open all along. You are free to go." - Marya Hornbacher

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:26 pm 
post-mod squad

vanillaa wrote:
"If this illness feels right now like a cage, please try to hear me: It isn’t locked. It has been open all along. You are free to go." - Marya Hornbacher

Absolutely love love love this

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Moderator: post-mods Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7