Last visit was: It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83  Next
 Post subject: Re: Today I'm Recovering Because...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:50 pm 
orange like clockwork

Because I've got so much I want to achieve in life and staying recovered is essential if I want to achieve my goals.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:04 am 
stranger in an orange land

Because I'm tired of feeling like everyone is moving forward in life except me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:31 am 
orange goddess

Because I wan my boyfriend to be proud of me.

If nothing changes, nothing changes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:28 am 
orange like clockwork

I'm recovering because my wonderful partner and I are getting engaged soon (he asked my Dad for my hand in marriage last weekend, and we've picked the ring), and I want to stay healthy so we start the beginning of engaged/married life on the right foot and so that I'm a good role model for his daughter.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:56 pm 
post-mod squad

because my god having a mental illness gets fucking old after awhile. I'm tired of feeling sick and disordered.

It will always be there, sitting between you and the incredible life that is waiting on the other side. So I guess it's up to you when you want to deal with it, how many years you think is enough of a sacrifice, how much life you are willing to lose.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:04 am 
orange like clockwork

Because I have so many wonderful things and people in my life to be grateful for and staying recovered is my way of showing gratitude to those who helped me recover or contributed anything positive to my life.

And because I believe in a brighter future. Wonderful things can happen when you least expect it, or after you've almost given up.

I think back to the lost 23 year old girl I once was and how far I've come since that night in hospital which changed my life forever. I'm recovering because when I think of the life I have now compared to the horrible life I might have had if I had've kept going down the destructive path I was on, I feel so grateful for it. =)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:18 am 
Orange Admin

Because eating socially, trying new foods and relaxing at meal times makes me happier than being underweight ever did.

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:09 pm 
admin goddess from hell

Because I smile and laugh now more than I used to, and I cannot continue with trauma therapy if I lose weight.

~~ John Lennon

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:36 pm 
Demi Mod

Because I'm worth it. Even though I don't feel like it most of the time, I'm a good person who deserves to live a happy life without anxiety and a constant struggle with food and weight.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:02 am 
Demi Mod

Because I want to be a great godmother, and not be totally consumed by my ED. My friend just had her first sonogram and sent me a picture of the baby, I'm really happy and excited! :orange:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:39 pm 
stranger in an orange land

' don't want to known as the fat obese whale and be remembered for being a healthy woman and not so one who binges regularly
I also want to fit and strong and never weak, pathetic and lazy I was once were due to binge eating

I also want it because I want to be taken seriously at job interviews and for them to see a slim woman and not some whale

I also want to finally not feel everything is big effort like it

I also want to keep blood pressure to a reasonable level

Not constantly in cycle of feeling crap binge eat, feel even more crap binge eat more

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:22 am 
Orange Admin

lanarey18 wrote:
' don't want to known as the fat obese whale and be remembered for being a healthy woman and not so one who binges regularly
I also want to fit and strong and never weak, pathetic and lazy I was once were due to binge eating

I also want it because I want to be taken seriously at job interviews and for them to see a slim woman and not some whale

I also want to finally not feel everything is big effort like it

I also want to keep blood pressure to a reasonable level

Not constantly in cycle of feeling crap binge eat, feel even more crap binge eat more

You seem to be in a really tough place right now. I can see why you want to recover and better yourself, but the way you're speaking to yourself is very harsh. I imagine you've been pushed to binge eating by circumstance - a way to cope with or distract yourself from a difficult time at work, with your family, with friends, a relationship? Whatever it is that's led you down this road, don't let it make you beat yourself down any further. You're having a hard enough time without punishing yourself more.

You know what? People probably take you seriously now and consider you an admirable person, your mind just isn't letting you see it. It will be your confidence that helps you feel better in yourself, not losing weight. We want to help you get there. How can we support you right now? :heart:

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:54 am 
orange like clockwork

Because I want to be a good wife for my future husband and look radiant on our wedding day.
And because I want an interesting, fulfilling life - not one strangled by illness and regret.
And because I believe recovery is a journey that - if you play your cards right - will give you lessons, wisdom, strength and character, and outweigh the pain and suffering of the ED. Recovery is not an act of being 'made whole again' or 'getting even' with your disorder. It's about winning and coming off better than if you'd never had it at all.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:31 am 
orange goddess

Today I'm recovering because I'm trying to get pregnant and have a healthy baby. (sorry guys,baby fever hit me-that's all I'm thinking about these days lol)

If nothing changes, nothing changes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:54 pm 
admin goddess from hell

Regarde-moi wrote:
Today I'm recovering because I'm trying to get pregnant and have a healthy baby. (sorry guys,baby fever hit me-that's all I'm thinking about these days lol)

I think it's lovely to have another WBB baby on board. I hope you get pregnant soon.

Today I am recovering because my therapist said I can. Also, I ate two mini-bran muffins last night and they were sooooo good. First time I've done something spontaneous like that in ages.

~~ John Lennon

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Moderator: post-mods Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83  Next