Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:25 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 83  Next
 Post subject: Today I'm Recovering Because...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:25 pm 
power lies within

Short and sweet.

What moves, or moved you today and is spurring you on in this moment? Just one, for the purposes of this thread. Preferably something inspired by today, but it can be just something on your mind.

Today I am recovering because I look at the recovering and moreover the RECOVERED women that I know (such as some close friends and my therapist) and they are so god damned incredible and I want to be in that company.
(because we can change the world.)

Last edited by wickedrache on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:28 pm 
orange wonder

I am recovering today because if I can't do it for myself, I should at least try to get better for the people who love me such as my sister, my parents, and my close friends. They love me and I know how much it hurts them to watch me go through all this.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Because I can
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:08 pm 
stranger in an orange land

Today I am recovering because I can. I choose to start a new year of life by choosing recovery over a disease that I do not want to indulge in anymore. I use 'indulge' loosely because I know it is not something we choose to get in the first place, but I know I can make better choices!!!

I've been in a better place in recovery, so I know it IS Possible, it IS better, and it IS worth it!
;)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:01 pm 
orange you glad?

Today I am recovering because I deserve it!

Because i know that i have it within me to be amazing and passionate and excel at what want to...but as long as ED is numbing me, holding me back, stopping my mind from working...I willstay here, stationary, knowing there is a greatness within me but not having the ability to let it out..

"My rollercoaster's got the biggest ups and downs, as long as it keeps going round its unbelievable!" Kimya Dawson

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:54 am 
getting under the peel

Today I'm recovering because my eating disorder has trapped me in a world of magical thinking... the people I love are living in real life without me. I want to say that I was present and I enjoyed the things that I did in life, and I can't do that when all I see or care about or understand is food.

I write songs :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:46 pm 
An ED does not make me happy or strong. It makes me misreable. No-one else gives a shit what I weigh. The amount of energy I give these thoughts... I could be busy doing something fucking incredible. And I will. I want to be strong and I want to be free. I want to be happy and content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:32 pm 
orange scribe

it's time...

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

http://recoverysabotage.tumblr.com/

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:57 pm 
orange goddess

I am recovering today because I want to be happy. Nuff said.

http://haveasliceofkatypie.wordpress.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:15 am 
exploring my potential!

I am recovering today because I want to free myself, and allow myself to gain as much knowledge and experience as I can in this life and hopefully one day understand what is, and what was. Hopefully someday I will find inner tranquility and maybe even help the world to find some as well.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:38 pm 
power lies within

I'm recovering today because there's nothing left for me to do. Because if I don't I'll end up where I've been and if I do there's a chance I'll get somewhere very, very different. And, like Kristie....because it's time.
I'm making choices for my recovery today because it's the bottom fucking line.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:41 pm 
orange is a state of mind

I am recovering because I owe it to myself and the people around me

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me,
I don't need you to love me, I love me
But I want you to know, you could know me
If you change your mind

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:07 pm 
galactic orange

I am recovering because I'm tired of the sick reflection I see, and because my girlfriend deserves some help in getting me through this.

I wrote this over a year ago. I will find a way.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:43 pm 
orange wonder

I'm recovering today because staying sick is boring, people's opinions are like assholes since everyone has one and they all stink and why should I care what anyone says anyway? Besides, starving for attention is so vogue.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:55 pm 
i love orange

Today I'm recovering because there is more in life than my eating disorder. I want to be well and to enjoy my day instead of enduring the suffering caused by my ED.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:26 pm 
i love orange

This may sound really shallow but for today I am recovering because it is so darn cold outside and I am always miserable and freezing anyway and its getting unbearable to be outside in this condition. I love the outdoors and it saddens me that I have had to plan recent activities around being indoors because I cant tolerate even moderate cold. Its only going to get worse over the next month (the cold I mean). It motivates me to eat and nourish my body. I want to do events like a local tour of lights that requires walking around outside for a length of time. I want to walk in the woods on a quiet still day when big snowflakes fall through the jackpines and onto a soft snowy ground. I want to be able to help my boyfriend shovel the driveway. Or know that if I am in a car accident or stuck out somewhere in my vehicle (not uncommon where I live) I will be warm enough to be without heat for at least a little while waiting for help, not terrified of being trapped in the cold and freezing to death in situations others wouldnt think twice about.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Moderator: post-mods Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 83  Next