Last visit was: It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Just when I thought...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:22 am 
admin goddess from hell

...that the list of our cosmetic faults was at least complete, if still totally inaccurate, this comes along.

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/story.html?id=1786191

Honestly, a public education campaign about "cankles"? How healthy is it to get skinny enough to have sufficiently well defined ankles for this woman?

Ugh!

~~ John Lennon

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:52 am 
i bite back hardcore

Gold's Gym is really suffering from the economy, so I guess they had to pick one part of a woman's body that hasn't been well scrutinized and criticized to try and make women feel bad enough about themselves to join. And as for it being an "education campaign"... any doctor or trainer will tell you that you can't spot reduce one particular part of the body.

www.the-F-word.org

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:04 pm 
power lies within

OH mother of god. I'm not going to finish reading this. I don't even know how to feel because some self-righteous part of me is just going damn, I feel sorry for this woman. What a priority to base your life around.

I've said it before and I'll say it again and again - eat, drink, move, don't generally be an idiot, and repeat. presto! you have a well-functioning body, so deal with it. The entire notion of "problem areas" makes me want to punch these people in their lopsided boobs. (because, as we have discussed, 20 bucks says she's got them. oh, saints alive, however will we proceed in human-shaped bodies!)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:22 pm 
wickedrache wrote:
OH mother of god. I'm not going to finish reading this. I don't even know how to feel because some self-righteous part of me is just going damn, I feel sorry for this woman. What a priority to base your life around.

I've said it before and I'll say it again and again - eat, drink, move, don't generally be an idiot, and repeat. presto! you have a well-functioning body, so deal with it. The entire notion of "problem areas" makes me want to punch these people in their lopsided boobs. (because, as we have discussed, 20 bucks says she's got them. oh, saints alive, however will we proceed in human-shaped bodies!)

You said it all. This is exactly how I felt when I saw that article. *bangs head against wall*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:42 am 
orange goddess

The way magazines/websites move through your body piece by piece it's almost like they want us to pick up all the bad things about ourselves.

Offline Profile