Last visit was: It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:37 pm 
admin goddess from hell

shieldwolf wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, the one word to call you is not man-hater or femi-nazi or anything along those lines. The word is "irresponsible".

You know you’re being silly, don’t you? You have just cast aspersions on me based on a label I apply to my politics, without any idea of what that means to me and how I have acted on it. However, I have no intention of being drawn into an inflammatory debate or a defence of my personal character, so go nuts: call me what you want.

My reputation stands on its own.

~~ John Lennon

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:34 pm 
I'm with Spender. I think perhaps, this is going off topic. I'm out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:54 pm 
exploring my potential!

Errr... What?

What the hell?

Seriously Ian, I'm just confused. I read and reread what you wrote, and it still makes no sense. Completely off topic and rather damn offensive though. What are you trying to achieve by this?

Anyway. Enough already. I'm off. Thanks to those of you who commented with their thoughts and beliefs. I really enjoyed reading what each of you had to say.

Alice

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:29 pm 
getting under the peel

this is really dumb. I've broken just about every rule. while i suppose you can't tell your partner everything, i've always told my boyfriend everything i think...like that his friends are cute, my routine? etc... I also think that this arcticle just perpetuates stupid ideas, like men should handle money because women can't. I consider myself 'feminist' whatever that means in the sense that I think relationships should be about respect for the other person and all of that. Men should not feel the need to carry the financial burden themselves and women should have to handle the home themselves (or any combination of those issues). My mother is a stay at home mom (5 kids) but my dad was always there for us too and my mom was involved in everything and handles the finances because she's damn good at it. I don't have any desire to be a man but I would like to be treated like a person and I don't think that lying would get me anywhere. I always thought that there is too much emphasis on the word 'equality' I am not saying women should not have the same opportunities as a man but I think that equality doesn't equal respect. The important thing here is for women (and men) to be respected for whatever it is that they do whether it be engineering or taking care of a family, and treated as though they are capable people. I hope I explained myself right and this makes sense.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Moderator: post-mods Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3