PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:50 am 
i love orange

http://www.preteenagerstoday.com/resour ... odyimg.htm

This upsets me.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:05 pm 
i bite back hardcore

I posted a similar rant on my blog about a year ago on a Dolce & Gabbanna ad of two little girls in bikinis. More than a year later, it's still one of the highest ranking posts of all my posts from pervs who search for variants on little girls and bikinis. One man even had the audacity to email me and ask if I had a larger photo of the ad to send him. Sick, sick, sick. I can't believe parents would collude in the sexualization of their children in this way.

www.the-F-word.org

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:24 pm 
orange is a state of mind

Rachelr wrote:
I posted a similar rant on my blog about a year ago on a Dolce & Gabbanna ad of two little girls in bikinis. More than a year later, it's still one of the highest ranking posts of all my posts from pervs who search for variants on little girls and bikinis. One man even had the audacity to email me and ask if I had a larger photo of the ad to send him. Sick, sick, sick. I can't believe parents would collude in the sexualization of their children in this way.

EW

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:19 pm 
orange you glad?

At 10 yrs old, I was not the least concerned about my weight....maybe I'm one of the lucky ones who remembers a bit of childhood carelessness. This makes me so sad. I hope that my daughter never has to worry about such trivial things; let alone at such a young age. :(

Quote:

I have to wonder where they were going with that ad. Obviously, little girls do not go out and buy Dolce and Gabbanna bikinis, nor do their mothers. Could they not find another "16 yr old, old timer" with a waif enough figure? :roll:

That man deserves a hot poker in the eyes. Perv!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:00 am 
To be honest I have issues with people putting little girls in bikinis anyway. Either they're young enough to not need to wear a swim suit at all or they wear a full swimsuit. Putting them in a bikini is drawing attention to parts of their body they shouldn't even really be thinking about yet. Putting a little girl who hasn't developed breasts yet in a bikini with the gap for breasts (as they always do have the shape for them no mater what age they're aimed at for some reason) is only going to make her feel confused about the shape of her body. Plus it's more likely to get her comments she's not ready for or cannot fully understand (which I experienced and it's quite upsetting later on when you do understand). Wearing clothing that draws attention to the more sexual areas of your body is a decision I think people should make for themseleves later on, when they're old enough to understand. It's the sexualizing of children.. it's often deemed cute.. I obviously have a different definition of cute that those that say that. It's just creepy and sick in my mind.