Last visit was: It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: teen magazines
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:32 pm 
galactic orange

I was on my way to my brother's graduation (the reason I haven't been on here much the last couple days) and I started reading my little sister's copy of Seventeen magazine. I felt like I needed to rant to some people who would understand how I feel, so here goes. Like half of it was all about swimsuits...what kind you should wear to make any waist look small, have good cleavage, hide tummy bulges, etc. It also had a 4 week plan of diet and exercise so you can look "hot" in your swimsuit. Then (here's the kicker) literally on the next page was an article about how you're supposed to be happy with your body just how it is!!! Talk about contradicting messages! Why do magazines have to tell teen girls that they are fine just they way they are and then say they need to do this to get "an amazing body"? My sister said she basically just reads the interviews (this one had an interview with Taylor Swift who actually is a good role model)...I hope that's the truth!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:38 pm 
Ugh, i hate magazines...especially ones that try and make kids grow up too fast. People who write that sort of stuff for kids should be put down!