Last visit was: It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:35 pm 
getting under the peel

Alexandra wrote:
^^ How bizarre... I just happened to have been reading about that on cracked.com last night.

she drank so much water she drowned internally...when they do a promo like this, they really need to suss out the science ad biology of it so ppl dont get hurt

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:42 am 
orange is a state of mind

You don't. It's illegal

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me,
I don't need you to love me, I love me
But I want you to know, you could know me
If you change your mind

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:44 am 
I don't think you can.... I never really got game consoles. PC's are the best :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:45 pm 
i love orange

advice/criticisms about people's weight is all around us in the media....it is unescapable.....

yet this is more an issue of not letting young, influential children be taught the wrong messages.....

the message should be one of positive self-confidence and taking pride and care of our bodies...

not reinforcing 'fat=bad'

cos that isnt gona help provide a healthier society, just one that is miserable and self-hating.....causing them to take LESS care of their bodies!

positive messages of looking after yourself, eating a BALANCED diet and enjoying physical activities should be promoted.....well thats what i promote to the kids i look after....if they want chocolate here and there, why deny them of a little treat and create a negative association with certain types of food?

makes me angry.....poor kid!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:35 pm 
Hmmm.. I've got a wii fit. Had it for almost a year now. In my own experience, granted, there is something wrong with the BMI thing... it doesn't seem to be set right as it differs what a healthy BMI is for you according to your height but I think that's just a glich with the softwear. It doesn't just motivate you to lose weight. It warns you if you're losing weight too fast, if your weight goals are unrealistic and unhealthy. Honestly it's not the game's fault for a ten year old getting on. That's her parents. You can also put goals in to gain weight. Funny how that's not had any media coverage. It tells you if you're overdoing it, tells you when you should be taking a break. Really all the safeguards possible are there to try and make sure people use it responsibly.. and for those that can it's as useful a tool as joining the gym. But there always will be people who abuse it. I had to ban myself from it for months... especially when I began to do crazy things like change my height so my family wouldn't notice that my BMI was changing... BUT and this is the key thing, the "normal" adult who wanted to use it as a tool to stay healthy and have fun wouldn't find it destructive. And that's just it.. I have an eating disorder. It's not an appropriate tool or toy for me, just like it isn't for a ten year old but you have to take responsibility for that. Not the makers. They've already done their bit and no one's making you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:08 pm 
orange is a state of mind

This is the second post in this thread about copying wii games- spam anyone?

I wish these things would leave us alone

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me,
I don't need you to love me, I love me
But I want you to know, you could know me
If you change your mind

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Moderator: post-mods Go to page Previous  1, 2