Last visit was: It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: KimKins.com
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:28 am 
orange you prolific

Just watched a segment on "the morning show" and it says that this site is atkins meets anorexia. It's disgusting. They have people eating 500 calories and taking laxatives. Some of the previous success stories have now come out and are talking about it. Christen, the former cover girl and PR rep for the company ended up with palpitations, dizzy spells, loss of her period, and losing her hair. Common symptoms of anorexia. Losing half of your body weight in a few months is a bad idea, but the site touts it as being the newest amazing diet.

No carbs, low fat, low calorie-ring any bells?

"How fast will I lose?

Suffice to say you will lose faster with Kimkins than with any other plan.

How quickly depends on age, sex, current weight and activity level, but many members drop 5% or more of their total body weight in the first 10 days! Please look over our Member Comments for first hand reports of fantastic weight loss!"

They also encourage fasting:

"I've heard that there's a fasting support forum for Kimkins members?

Yes. Although fasting isn't part of the official Kimkins program, we offer a Detox & Fasting forum which offers a supportive atmosphere for members who wish to try therapeutic water fasting or the Master Cleanse fast. Kimmer is an experienced water faster and offers advice as requested."

Doctors and nutritionists have slammed the system... but still hundreds of people are risking their lives every day. Forcing their bodies into ketosis and starving themselves in what they think is a healthy dieting manner...

It makes me so mad.

Christen, the spokesperson against the site, is seeing a therapist and nutritionist now to recover. She is only up to eating 800 calories--basically the diet made her anorexic...

kimkins.com is the site... I feel like spamming them out of existence....

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:45 pm 
orange goddess

the site looks so dodgy..

Quote:
Q: Did you lose 198 pounds in 11 months?

A: No. But I did lose 100 pounds in 6 months. However, since Kimkins appeared on the Woman's World cover, I've been glued to my computer. I'm no different than any of you and I'm well familiar with stress eating or grabbing what's handy instead of what's Kimkins friendly.

Q: What about the people who joined Kimkins because you said you lost 198 pounds in 11 months or because of the success story re-enactments?

A: I offer my sincere apology to anyone who felt misled or joined purely on that basis. That was never our intent. Kimkins will provide a refund and membership cancellation upon request to anyone who joined Kimkins prior to November 1, 2007. Please write support@kimkins.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it by November 16, 2007 and provide your full name, current or former user name, PayPal transaction number and PayPal email address.

and then it goes on to say....

Quote:
I'm hypothyroid. Will Kimkins work for me?

You bet! Kimmer created the diet and is severly hypothyroid. In fact, she says if she stops taking her thyroid medication, her TSH level shoots to 128! She lost 198 lbs in 11 months.

arrghhhh there are sooo many things just wrong about all this... i can't even list them all

wrong wrong wrong

the monster is a star
Out steps a beauty
Now watch her walk away
Another grand illusion
if you wanna pay

Death of it all ~ Rob Zombie

(AKA AussiePixie)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:06 pm 
healthy is sexy

That's infuriating. Shouldn't things like this be regulated? When it's so clearly detrimental to one's health... you'd think....

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:59 pm 
orange you prolific

She took the original pictures for the site's 'success stores' from websites for mail order brides...

:o

And apparently ANYONE can come up with a diet plan and post it online... [and they say anorexia is evil--but this chick is so awesome because people pay her to starve....]

:-?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:40 pm 
orange you glad?

There's a website already dedicated to the Kimkins scam. http://kimkinsscam.wordpress.com/. Just thought you'd like to know people are taking action. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:02 am 
orange you glad?

grrrrrrr.... That's all I can really say with ought going on an hour long tangent....

Strength is not measured by how many times you don't fall, but how many times you do fall and are able to get back up.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:41 pm 
i bite back hardcore

Quote:
That's all I can really say with ought going on an hour long tangent...

Agreed. This whole this is very fishy and there is a lot of controversy regarding it. There is a lot of fraud and scamming done by the woman who created this.

But anyways...bottom line is that this is an EXTREMELY unhealthy diet and lifestyle.
People should be ashamed

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:19 am 
Ugh....

So irritating. More ways of exploiting desperate people.