Last visit was: It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:59 pm


All times are UTC - 4 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Kate Moss's slogan is back, this time on children's t-shirts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:03 pm 
I think we've all heard Kate Moss's stupid quip by now... but this just leaves me lost for words... a company is printing this slogan on t-shirts for primary school age children.. along with baby grows saying "Don't feed the model"... yeah I'm just lost for words...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1376841/Kate-Moss-legacy-Nothing-tastes-good-skinny-feels-t-shirts.html


:soapbox:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:16 pm 
Eugh and I'm now in a facebook fight with someone over it because they believe it's a "cool t-shirt" and will help motivate people who need to lose weight and that it won't have an impact on people with eatng disorders... gah...


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:56 pm 
orange you prolific
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 3889
Location: Somerset, United Kingdom
Excuse my language but... that is fucking disgusting. Whoever you're having an argument with clearly has no clue what they are talking about and needs a boot up the backside, cool t-shirt? Seriously? :|

_________________
"And what's worst, it's all because we fail to recognize our own beauty, because we are deluded into thinking we are inferior. But that's not true. We're different, is all." -faustinchen


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:01 pm 
power lies within
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:57 pm
Posts: 6396
Location: planting my garden
Butterfly wrote:
will help motivate people who need to


nobody 'needs' to become skinny.

ugh.

_________________
“If I am not for me, who will be for me? If I am only for myself, what am I? If not now, when?”
- Rabbi Hillel


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:28 pm 
orange you prolific
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:20 pm
Posts: 3559
Location: SE Michigan
AGREED.
wickedrache wrote:
Butterfly wrote:
will help motivate people who need to


nobody 'needs' to become skinny.

ugh.

_________________
(((hugs))),

Kelly

-*-*-*-*-*
My cats think I'm perfect just the way I am!

Your feelings will not kill you, engaging in disordered behaviors could.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:29 pm 
orange you prolific
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:20 pm
Posts: 3559
Location: SE Michigan
I need to find the people who produced that and hit them with a sack of potatoes. Really..... :roll:

_________________
(((hugs))),

Kelly

-*-*-*-*-*
My cats think I'm perfect just the way I am!

Your feelings will not kill you, engaging in disordered behaviors could.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:33 pm 
Stupid stupid people. Unfortunately the world is full of them, and it fills me with exasperation.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:39 pm 
orange goddess
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:01 am
Posts: 1708
Please tell me it's a joke.

:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

_________________
Marta.

If nothing changes, nothing changes.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:46 pm 
orange you prolific
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 3889
Location: Somerset, United Kingdom
I wish it was a joke.Times like this im reminded how little principles we as a country have. Also, how bad i am at putting intellectual sentances together..

_________________
"And what's worst, it's all because we fail to recognize our own beauty, because we are deluded into thinking we are inferior. But that's not true. We're different, is all." -faustinchen


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:52 pm 
galactic orange

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:06 pm
Posts: 957
I had a whole bitch plz moment and now I'm lost for words.

Oh society, what bollocks have you allowed to perpetrate you?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:02 pm 
kismetjeska
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:03 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: England
You know, one day I'm just going to go batshit and start clubbing people.

Damnit, when I have a kid I'm going to have to watch out for SO much shit... :-?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:55 pm 
orange wonder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:49 am
Posts: 4220
Location: The Rocky Mountains
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

_________________
Don't Diet, Live It!


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:22 pm 
orange you glad?
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:12 pm
Posts: 1064
Location: UK
God, this makes me sick! Sadly though, I'm not overly surprised....

_________________
wickedrache wrote:

Eat food and live life.

Fight fear that keeps you from doing that.

Let go of thoughts that aren't worth your time.

~
http://recoveringinspirings.blogspot.com/

^Read me on Tuesdays :)


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:44 pm 
orange addict

Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:15 pm
Posts: 224
Guys, they're sold on www.zazzle.co.uk, which (according to a quick google search) is a custom t-shirt site. From my understanding, any user is able to decide which slogan should be printed on a particular shirt, and so the views expressed may not reflect those of the company. There is a multitude of different t-shirts with slogans designed by other users. Correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

I admit it's a terrible slogan regardless, and the company really should be more vigilant about screening for inappropriate designs before allowing them to become available for purchase.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:01 am 
galactic orange

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:06 pm
Posts: 957
SeetherChick wrote:
You know, one day I'm just going to go batshit and start clubbing people.

Damnit, when I have a kid I'm going to have to watch out for SO much shit... :-?


You know what, I'm with you on both points. I seriously feel that some people do need a club over the head haha


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Moderator: post-mods Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net & kodeki