Last visit was: It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Claire Richards-Slave to Food
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:42 pm 
orange goddess

I happened upon this show this evening...and it really pissed me off. It is a reality show of Claire, who used to be in Steps... she gained lots of weight after the band split and this show documents this, and how she eats, and struggles with weight loss. The whole show just promotes "thin is acceptable, anything else is not"...some of the tasks she undertakes are horrific..and the way some of the industry insiders, make up artists etc speak to her and the things they promote are shocking. The show sees her forcing herself to eat bland , unappetizing food, just to lose weight..She has foods that are off limits and foods she can eat..and of course all she wants are those off limits. She seems almost obsessed with food...its so wrong..the whole attitude.
There was one story talking about how she had been offered magazine story deal if she could get down to a size 12.. The columist said that if she didnt make it to taht size, then she would lose the deal as she would be too fat!!!Honestly, this is just horrific...It shocks me that it is ok and legal to portray things and attitudes like that...I think things like that need to be considered for censoring or watershed, or just not being broadcast....as its shows like this which are damning our nation to eating disorders!!!Makes me so mad!!!!!!

whether u think u can, or think u cant-UR RIGHT!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Claire Richards-Slave to Food
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:55 pm 
orange is a state of mind

Sigh. I love Steps- really love them. But you know that Claire's had an eating disorder before? Also she was told that she'd have to lose X amount of weight before she could get into the group. But that's what's selling at the moment, unfortunately.

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me,
I don't need you to love me, I love me
But I want you to know, you could know me
If you change your mind

Offline Profile