Last visit was: It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: NEDA complains, Yoplait pulls ad
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:28 pm 
orange wonder

minzoel wrote:
faustinchen wrote:
eating the right kind margarine will spice up you're absolutely deficient sex life and lead to amazing love-making beneath a waterfall

haha sometimes i really think these people are on hallucinogenics. and have loads of money. some adverts really seem to be some weird peoples phantasies... ah human beings are strange :carrot2:

:topic: This is why I LOVE the Old Spice commercials. It's basically all the weird fantasies people buy into if they buy a product and they're magnified so much that it suddenly becomes hillarious.

"Look at your man, now look at me! Now look at your man again! Now look at me!" Man, those commercials are hysterical!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:37 pm 
kismetjeska

THE TICKETS ARE NOW DIAMONDS.

I'd buy anything that man tried to sell me... ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:23 pm 
orange wonder

Still off-topic: That Old Spice clip hillarious :smile:
Had to look it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE

Damn! Just like the old times, befor the Diet Coke men broke my heart...Perhaps there is still hope for a threesome with the Lätta couple :roll:
I found the spot, anyway. This commercial is unusually revealing (bare breasts) -you have been warned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXlKUhXZ ... re=related
(Minor correction: It was a mountain lake, not a waterfall, and the actual lovemaking probably takes place outside, after having your breakfast with tons of fat spread. WTF? It's about margarine! It's not like I have a problem with sex, but why do they have to spread on my bread? Why does it look like only supermodels are allowed to have it, anyway? (Sex, not Lätta...)

Conscience has no jury
Like eyes to details turned
Nor has shame a stage
Life perfectionism scorned

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:49 pm 
MartyCaseyFan wrote:
minzoel wrote:
faustinchen wrote:
eating the right kind margarine will spice up you're absolutely deficient sex life and lead to amazing love-making beneath a waterfall

haha sometimes i really think these people are on hallucinogenics. and have loads of money. some adverts really seem to be some weird peoples phantasies... ah human beings are strange :carrot2:

:topic: This is why I LOVE the Old Spice commercials. It's basically all the weird fantasies people buy into if they buy a product and they're magnified so much that it suddenly becomes hillarious.

"Look at your man, now look at me! Now look at your man again! Now look at me!" Man, those commercials are hysterical!

Haha I absolutely adore that advert!

Is it a real product then? I couldn't work out if it was or not :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:14 pm 
galactic orange

Butterfly wrote:
Is it a real product then? I couldn't work out if it was or not :lol:

Yeah, Old Spice is a brand of mens' deodorant and body wash here in the US. I also agree those ads are entertaining :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:52 am 
orange is a state of mind

"I'm on a horse"

What????

Hehe, anyway, that yogurt ad, I just found it patronising...

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me,
I don't need you to love me, I love me
But I want you to know, you could know me
If you change your mind

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:22 am 
exploring my potential!

:topic: i love these adds haha!!!!!!!!!! i love trash youre right
MartyCaseyFan wrote:
This is why I LOVE the Old Spice commercials. It's basically all the weird fantasies people buy into if they buy a product and they're magnified so much that it suddenly becomes hillarious.

pursuing it with weary feet/ until it joins some larger way/ where many paths and errors meet/ and wither then?/ i cannot say.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Yoplait pulls ad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:47 pm 
orange like clockwork

MartyCaseyFan wrote:
Electric Leech wrote:
Brilliant. I totally agree on the point about the fight against obesity scaring children. It's shocking to think "Someone could use ED thoughts to sell something." I'm glad it was unintentional and they took it down, though.

True dat. Do you want eight year olds coming home and bitching about being "fat"? I WAS one of those kids and I sure as hell don't need to see it. Now, I'm not insinuating that obesity isn't a problem. Because it is. And the reason for both that as well as EDs is because our society is so fucked up about our attitude towards food.

Glad to see that the commercial got pulled. I honestly didn't find it triggering at all (I've seen WAY worse...) but the picture at the top of the article was mildly triggering. Still, I can DEFINITELY understand why someone with a heavy ED mindset would find it triggering.

I second that ^_^ but you dont have to allow yourself to be put down b/ others dont control you but it is negative and can lead to future problems.

Last edited by pixiedustandgobblestones on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:52 pm 
orange scribe

http://recoveringinspirings.blogspot.co ... wrong.html

I don't believe in parent blaming. It gets you nowhere. It doesn't make you feel better (obviously as based upon your response).

I won't go into details about my own experience as this is a public forum( by the way can we change that???)

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

http://recoverysabotage.tumblr.com/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:34 pm 
orange like clockwork

FadingHippie wrote:
http://recoveringinspirings.blogspot.com/2011/06/parents-getting-it-wrong.html

I don't believe in parent blaming. It gets you nowhere. It doesn't make you feel better (obviously as based upon your response).

I won't go into details about my own experience as this is a public forum( by the way can we change that???)

i know,i realized this as i read your post :/ i should watch myself more,its not my mothers fault i developed an ED but isny my fault either as its a poor coping problem and mental healthy gone sour :/

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Moderator: post-mods Go to page Previous  1, 2