Last visit was: It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: ronald mcdonald
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:42 pm 
feeling out the orange

I think there are quite a lot of kids who are, just like I was, scared of clowns (mild form of coulrophobia)

I was really frightened by the life-size plastic Ronald McDonald standing outside of McDonalds!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: ronald mcdonald
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:39 pm 
orange is a state of mind

jet wrote:
I was really frightened by the life-size plastic Ronald McDonald standing outside of McDonalds!

I have seen lots of kids my sister's age (16) posing with Ronald... hehe.

I usually get the "happy meal" because the adult meals are too big for me. I now have the choice of fruit as a side (instead of chips) and a seared chicken wrap instead of the cheese burger.

Ronald has far less to do with the brand here in Australia than he did when I was a kid. I have Ronald McDonald toys, the calendar, fridge magnets, and even a computer game... We only got Maccas on the holidays, and even less when I gained more siblings as it was just too pricey to get 5 kids Maccas.

Even with all the marketing, my mum was insistent that Maccas was a special time food that we didn't eat all the time...

It would be nicer if they reduced the price of their salads though. They are really yummy but it's so much cheaper to get a burger - and they don't have the pics up (at least in our store) of the salads so you have to squint to find it on the menu.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:50 am 
healthy is sexy

I really don't think it will make a change, and plus here in Australia, we have the 'Ronald McDonald' charity foundation. So if we get rid of Ronald, what happens to all the kids that are in the foundation? They can't have a Ronald McDonald charity, without Ronald.
I think they are just bored and want to seem like they are doing something.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:24 am 
orange you glad?

The Ronald McDonald house is a very important charity here. I save all my tabs from soft drinks and such to give to a friend whose company gives them to the Ronald McDonald house and doubles each thing. ''shrug'' It's all I can afford to do and through him it makes much more of a difference than it would through just me. I mean, this charity supports the family's of terminally ill kids allowing their family to live with them.

Plus, and I know this will be unpopular here, but I do drink sometimes and when I do, a Big Mac with no cheese or pickles is the perfect hangover food. And I just discovered this after very recently unoutlawing red meat for me. Yes it is a very rare thing, as McDonald's was growing up, but rarer, but it is a perfect food for that. :lol:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:30 am 
orange goddess

[quote="Isisdancer"]The Ronald McDonald house is a very important charity here. I save all my tabs from soft drinks and such to give to a friend whose company gives them to the Ronald McDonald house and doubles each thing. ''shrug'' It's all I can afford to do and through him it makes much more of a difference than it would through just me. I mean, this charity supports the family's of terminally ill kids allowing their family to live with them.
quote]

I just think that with no Ronald McDonald what will happen to the charity foundation. It's a great resource for kids families that are ill. Ronald McDonalds doesn't just promote obesity like people say but he promotes compassion and and trust. His house's are amazing places to stay.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Moderator: post-mods Go to page Previous  1, 2