Last visit was: It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Gwyneth Paltrow in Grazia
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:17 pm 
orange you prolific

Ive changed the topic name and question to something abit different purely because i thimk i took the total wrong approach to this. You know when you see something, panic then speak (or in this case type) without thinking? I tend to do that alot :o

Anyhoo..has anyone seen the new bikini pics of Gwynith in Grazia (or elsewhere)? She appears underweight and her bones are quite visible. The thing that worries me is the magazine and others call her body amazing. Ive always thought she was slim anyway, but the articles state the severe restriction she is enduring with no mention of it being bad, infact just applauded. Has anyone else seen the articles and felt the same way?

Last edited by CaptainAwesome2.0 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:27 pm 
orange scribe

I don't condone her methodology at all, but I don't think she looks emaciated. Her stomach still has muscle - you can see it.

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

http://recoverysabotage.tumblr.com/

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:32 pm 
power lies within

this is just a reminder, since i have found such reminders helpful in the past and NOT because i have any issue [i don't] with stories like this one being posted and discussed here [i think that's exactly what this section of the forum is for] - but -

i for one am not going to click on this link because it's just not an especially good idea for me to read about someone else's strict intake and look at someone else's concept of an acceptable body condition, especially when i've been given a heads up it is a pretty... well ... mentally ill concept.
that's not an issue for everyone, but please remember that not clicking on this link is an option. for me, it just doesn't serve a purpose, much less outweigh the effort i'd need to be sure to devote to not letting funny ideas percolate towards normalcy in my head. it's up to you, make a thoughtful decision.

just so that i'm not completely :topic: , that is really too bad that she's got all caught up in that kind of shit, i always thought she was eluding it. oh well. i guess i can't imagine being named 'the most perfect' [or wasn't it something like that?] without it screwing with whatever vulnerabilities you've got. p.s. i hate the mass media.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:33 pm 
orange you prolific

True...i think i just got freaked out and over-reacted :O i'll delete it? ^^

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:35 pm 
power lies within

^ i don't think that's necessary, in theory, unless there's something really unacceptable on the other side of that link. 8)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:38 pm 
orange you prolific

I think i'd feel more comfortable with it being deleted :) how do i delete this?! I literally just think i freaked out, ooops :(

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:17 pm 
Ummm.. I don't see how it makes her pro-anorexic... she is very thin and underweight. Her having a bit of muscle doesn't make it any better.

I think a far more interesting story if the fact she has osteopoenia and is a very open follower of various fad diets including the raw food diet and shows that these things are not realistic or healthy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:24 pm 
orange scribe

I didn't say I thought her having muscle made it better... I just said she doesn't look emaciated. When I think of emaciation I think of skin and bone. She's not skin and bone.. underweight? probably yes... malnourished? judging by what she's claiming she's eating it's likely.

I don't think she's promoting her diet, that's she's pro-ana , or that she's emaciated

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

http://recoverysabotage.tumblr.com/

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:55 pm 
Hasn't she recently been diagnosed with osteopenia? Probably thanks to her shitty diet.

This woman strikes me as being completely stupid and up her own arse. Anyone else come across that blog she does? I was on some website that linked to it once, saying it was so out of touch with how normal people live, so I had a quick look and yes, it is.

And she's married to Chris Martin. Who knows all of 4 chords and calls himself a musician.

:soapbox:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:31 pm 
:topic: I had a dream I was married to Chris Martain about a week ago.. wow that was surreal.

I'm glad people know she has osteopoenia... I really think it could go some way in showing how screwed up these "celebrity endorsed" diets are and the fact that they do them does not make them safer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:32 pm 
orange goddess

She does look really thin. It's nothing to strive for, either. She must have to work so hard to look like that. It must not be very fulfilling for her.

http://haveasliceofkatypie.wordpress.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:42 pm 
Poppet wrote:
She does look really thin. It's nothing to strive for, either. She must have to work so hard to look like that. It must not be very fulfilling for her.

She does. In a lot of ways I am greatful she is honest about it and isn't one of these people who pretends they have a normal healthy diet and only exercise moderately and is happy and healthy with loads of energy when truthfully they massively restrict, exercise several hours a day, have personal trainers and get health problems just like anyone else who attempted to look like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:15 am 
orange you prolific

Like Ferne Cotton who sold her diet stories and made thousands, only to really have had a gastric band. I've changed the topic name and first post to something..more appropriate ^.^

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:28 am 
^^ Hee hee don't you mean Fern Britton?

And yeah I agree the honesty is a good thing. I can't stand it when celebrities spout bullshit like "Oh I eat so much, I'm just naturally thin!" when you can quite clearly see that before they were famous they were a much more healthy shape. I find it so insulting, I'm on the verge of taking it personally lol! Feels like they're saying "Yeah you're so stupid you'll believe anything I say even if it is a blatant lie". Can't pull the wool over MY eyes you wankers! :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:36 am 
orange you prolific

Oh crap...i ALWAYS get their names confused *facepalm* If i ever skim across the new celebrity fad diet pages i pretty much disrecard all of it, it's probably crap and unstubstainable anyway!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Moderator: post-mods Go to page 1, 2  Next