Last visit was: It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Biggest Loser
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:58 am 
So I posted the folliowing on the profiles of the two female trainers for the new season of the biggest loser.

Quote:
Hiya Tiffiny,

I have such mixed feelings about this show. I really do like that the first episode showed the lives of the contestants, the pain. The life of misery behind simply the body.

I wonder what the view on anorexia is around the Biggest Loser? One in one hundred girls will develop anorexia according to stats.

Obesity is massive, but weight and body image is something that people of every single size deal with.

I'd really really love to hear what you as a woman think about media, focus on weight loss and anorexia.

Thanks heaps :)

Kate

I shall keep you posted folks!!!!

They're weighing the trainers this year also which worries me greatly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:47 am 
exploring my potential!

I watched the first episode with my mum, where they had to eat and do what the contestants do daily.
The blonde one was talking about how her body was a temple and she hated doing this to herself, feeling unclean after eating that food etc. Oh and how the calories in her plate of garlic bread were enough to keep her going training at an elite level for two days! Mum turned to me and said, "She's got issues. Eating disorder." I asked why and she replied, "she is the only trainer talking about her body and her diet, the others are focused on the contestants."

I do not like her... I smell an ED.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:52 am 
orange you prolific

Ebony-eyes wrote:
I watched the first episode with my mum, where they had to eat and do what the contestants do daily.
The blonde one was talking about how her body was a temple and she hated doing this to herself, feeling unclean after eating that food etc. Oh and how the calories in her plate of garlic bread were enough to keep her going training at an elite level for two days! Mum turned to me and said, "She's got issues. Eating disorder." I asked why and she replied, "she is the only trainer talking about her body and her diet, the others are focused on the contestants."

Yes, I found myself thinking much the same thing when I watched the first episode. I also found it particularly disturbing that after she had eaten her first meal with her family she runs off to the bathroom to expose her 'bloated' tummy. Oh my gosh come on girl. I don't like Tiffiny. I think Michelle is great with the contestants but Tiffiny seem more concerned about herself and I sensed an eating disorder instantly.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:39 pm 
healthy is sexy

This show is a major trigger for me. I really hate Michelle! She used to be all muscly, but now she has gotten really skinny, and it is VERY triggering to see. Although I did enjoy the first episode because it was great watching them suffer. I have heard terrible, terrible claims about this show and the lengths that the contestants go to to make sure they have lost weight. Gives me the creeps. It is NOT encouraging healthy behaviour at all, so I will not be tuning in this year

Sorry, when I meant watching them suffer, I meant the trainers not the contestants. Really at the end of the day it is a game show, and they are in it for the money.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:37 am 
teressa wrote:
Ebony-eyes wrote:

Yes, I found myself thinking much the same thing when I watched the first episode. I also found it particularly disturbing that after she had eaten her first meal with her family she runs off to the bathroom to expose her 'bloated' tummy. Oh my gosh come on girl. I don't like Tiffiny. I think Michelle is great with the contestants but Tiffiny seem more concerned about herself and I sensed an eating disorder instantly.

SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:40 am 
exploring my potential!

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that!

I think Michelle is much better, she has a mother who is a therapist and seems to have more insight into balance. I think the ones who have gone from being overweight to healthy have better perception... like Gillian? The USA version? Or was it Michelle? Oh well anyway!

Offline Profile