orange scribe

thoughts?

non-biased first:
http://blog.beautylish.com/2011/01/20/geogirl/

http://www.drugstorenews.com/article/wa ... ualSitemap

--------
in line with my personal thoughts -
http://bostonherald.com/news/columnists ... position=6

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

http://recoverysabotage.tumblr.com/

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:17 pm 
orange you prolific

With regards to the first link, i got upto "make up line for 8-12 year olds" and immediatly thought DISLIKE :P
The only upside is they've used eco-friendly products; no paraben, wax, fragrance etc. But in my opinion, you're still a kid at 8...and 12! Kid's that age shouldn't be worrying about make up, looking perfectly pretty and their appearence..it kinda worries me how this the world we live in :(

“makeup” is “mother-approved” yeah..by what mothers? This new make up range isn't shocking..but it's sad :(

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:20 pm 
orange scribe

my favorite quote... "because 8 is the new 38, you know?"

lmao.

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

http://recoverysabotage.tumblr.com/

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:20 pm 
orange wonder

To me, it seems like there has to be a happy medium. I started experimenting with makeup when I was about that age (granted I was NOT allowed to wear it in public until I was ten and even then it was only allowed on special occasions). Now, if we're teaching little girls that they HAVE to wear makeup to look good, that's one thing, but to me it seems perfectly natural if a little girl wants to just experiment with makeup. I personally think that this whole line could've been marketed a little bit better.

If 8 is the new 39, I must be an old hag! haha.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:26 pm 
There's been lines of really trashy play makeup around for a long time and I don't have a problem with those... you know the sort of multicoloured wheels of colour that'll stain your skin and the carpet and you'll spread all over you like clown paint and grin and play teaparties with your dolls before your mum makes you wash it off before you actually go anywhere people can see it....
And personally I think that's alright and it's fun and part of playing "grown-up"...

The difference is when little girls are being encouraged to wear it when they're going out or on an everyday basis or to school etc....

At my school you weren't allowed to wear makeup till you were about 13/14 and even then you still weren't allowed and it was against the rules but they used to let really subtle makeup slide more and more as you got older... which I gradually pushed and pushed till I had massive black rings around my eyes everyday :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:53 pm 
orange addict

Butterfly wrote:
At my school you weren't allowed to wear makeup till you were about 13/14 and even then you still weren't allowed and it was against the rules but they used to let really subtle makeup slide more and more as you got older... which I gradually pushed and pushed till I had massive black rings around my eyes everyday :lol:

Haha I attend a very strict and conservative school where we are allowed absolutely no make-up. I remember one year, it came to the teachers' attention that several girls were wearing (discrete/barely-discernible) amounts of make-up... so, all the girls in our whole year level were dragged into a meeting at recess-time to receive a lecture about make-up. We were all examined (for make-up, top buttons done up, all hair pinned back, etc) and those who failed to comply were punished.

Anyway...
This product is ridiculous, clearly, but it doesn't bother me, because the existence of one product targeted at 8-12 year olds doesn't mean the use of make-up will be deemed popular or essential for all girls of that age on a widespread level, you know?

I don't believe make-up is necessary for adolescents/grown-ups, let alone children. My mother, aunts and grandmother have never worn make-up, ever. Their skin is incredible... soft and radiant, because make-up tends to dry it out and drain it of colour.

The wearing of make-up can be counterproductive and result in a self-perpetuating cycle whereby one has to continue wearing make-up, because years of plastering their lips with lipstick have actually deprived them of their natural colour.

Personally, I have only worn make-up about five times in my life: to a wedding, and to school formals/dances.

Not that I'm criticising anyone who does feel the need to wear make-up... it can enhance your natural beauty on special occasions... it's just a bit saddening when I see girls who are like 'oh my gosh I would never dream of leaving the house without my make-up!' in spite of having perfectly attractive skin, with no wrinkles, no skin conditions, etc.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:03 pm 
orange addict

I forgot to add, on the topic of products-aimed-to-make-little-girls-grow-up-too-fast, is anyone else disturbed by those bralettes designed for five/six year olds?

I was swimming at the house of my five-year-old second-cousin a couple of years ago and she asked me to help her get her bather top on. She also showed me that her mother had bought her a bralette...

So.. she had barely started school, she needed assistance tying up her bather top, yet she needs a bra? Something doesn't add up. :?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:38 am 
orange you prolific

violetcrumble_99 wrote:

So.. she had barely started school, she needed assistance tying up her bather top, yet she needs a bra? Something doesn't add up. :?

YUS! Swimsuits..bring them back!

Offline Profile