Last visit was: It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: the rachel zoe project (TV, Bravo)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:34 am 
healthy is sexy

I'd hardly have thought it possible, but Rachel Zoe seems to have gotten even thinner this season. Frankly, she looks like she should be on Intervention instead and is scary skinny. I used to enjoy watching that show (when even then she was beyond thin but not as obvious), but it's pretty triggering now.

And she still denies she has an ED...I know being in the public spotlight can't be easy, but it is crazy how many celebs deny they have an eating disorder when it's obvious just to look at them.

What really sickens me is that the show continues to be shown on TV as a fashion styling show and her problem not addressed at all when it just seems to become increasingly obvious to the viewer.

I can't even watch it any more. It's too triggering for me. The last time I saw it, I just wanted to scream, "Won't somebody get her some help?!" We all know recovery doesn't happen unless the sufferer wants it, but at this point, she looks like even her life & health are in jeopardy and that she's well on the way to killing herself.

It's just sad.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:00 am 
galactic orange

It is sad, really, really REALLY sad. I just hope she realises she needs help and gets it soon. No one deserves to die from this illness :(

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:50 am 
power lies within

There was recently an article in the Huffington Post that had a picture of her in her 20's. Can you believe she is only in her 30's?! That seems to be just another example of how an eating disorder can age you.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:19 pm 
orange scribe

she'll actually be 40 in September (I think the first)

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

http://recoverysabotage.tumblr.com/

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:31 pm 
power lies within

According to Wiki, she will be 39. And yes, her birthday is tomorrow (the 1st)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:35 pm 
orange scribe

My math is jacked... I knew she was born in '71....

anyhoo, I always thought she was in her 40s, which is close... I mean she's in the sun a lot and THAT can age you...

as for her weight, yeah, it's dipping

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:49 pm 
power lies within

She was 27 when the following pictures were taken:

And her face now at 39:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:02 pm 
orange scribe

I seriously think tanning probably caused a lot of that.

an eating disorder, if she has one, probably wouldn't have helped though

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:28 pm 
healthy is sexy

Oh, she has an ED all right, you just need to watch a few clips from her show to know it. Even if magazine photos can be doctored (there was an awful one taken earlier this year of her in a bikini), she is looking horribly thin on her show. You can practically count the bones in her chest and everyone knows the camera tends to add weight. Sometimes, she'll comment, "I can't wear that dress. It shows my spine too much." There was some magazine article where she basically admitted by the end of the day, she's had coffee and half a grapefruit to eat but she "takes care of herself while on vacation"! As if that normalizes it!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:58 pm 
orange scribe

I think she does have one.

I've seen her show (used to go out of my way to watch it), but until she comes out and says it, I'm not going to concrete the thought.

I particularly remember the episode where she was getting ready for fashion week and had to really watch what she was wearing for the rumors...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:32 pm 
orange goddess

I've never watched the show but I am familiar with who Rachel Zoe is. It is really upsetting to even look at her sometimes. I can't believe that noone is reaching out to help her! Even if it isn't an eating disorder, someone should be trying to help her eat regularly, at least. She looks like she is in her mid-fifties or something.

Something that I noticed as well is that when Nicole Richie was very close with this woman, she too was extremely thin. When she cut ties with Zoe, she seemed to become relatively healthy again even before she had her baby. I definately think there is a connection there somewhat.

http://haveasliceofkatypie.wordpress.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:37 pm 
orange scribe

sort of like when mk, nicole, and lohan were always seen in pics together... it was like they were feeding off of each others' poor habits...

hilary duff was an exception she never really was in pics with any of them when she was losing all her weight

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:51 pm 
orange goddess

FadingHippie wrote:
sort of like when mk, nicole, and lohan were always seen in pics together... it was like they were feeding off of each others' poor habits...

Yes, precisely!

FadingHippie wrote:
hilary duff was an exception she never really was in pics with any of them when she was losing all her weight

That's true. And Hilary Duff talked openly about her struggles and how she overcame them, which is great! She has managed to stay out of the spotlight which is an accomplishment in itself.

http://haveasliceofkatypie.wordpress.com

Offline Profile