Last visit was: It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Hollyoaks ¬.¬
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:52 pm 
orange you glad?

This might only be understandable to those that watch the UK soap. We all remember Hannah's episode a couple of years back, then her relapse last year. I found watching her recovery helpful in seeing someone in a similar situation to mine, then recovering.

Oh Hollyoaks, what happened? Admittedly, that story was the only one sticking me to the show, but this evening there was nothing else on so I decided to see what was happening these days. There was a sponsored "walk in your pants" fundraiser thing, and just as some of the characters were getting ready, a group of models showed up. The men gawped over them, photos were being taken and the main female characters were swept aside. All I could think was "I used to look like that." and the evning spiralled down into me sitting here at the computer talking to my boyfriend after sending him home because I didn't want him to see me in this miserable state.

That one clip has shaken me so badly, tonight. I've just stopped my weekly sessions with my nurse at a low but still healthy BMI, being told that I'm okay, but I hate that something like that can mess up all my motivation.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:31 pm 
Those models in that episode are tragically real ones from the current cycle of Britain's Next Top Model...

They are all emmaciated. It's not normal or healthy. I don't know if that makes it any better but I relate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:01 am 
galactic orange

^Really? Ugh. That's horrible how they can even promote that >.<

All I can say is, those women don't have the bodies of real women. They probably spend more time fussing over how thin they can get than actually having a life, being accepted for being healthy and enjoying themselves around food and whatnot. It's dangerous being that thin, and I'm sure it's better to have your health safe than being really thin, right?

Offline Profile