Last visit was: It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: ergh, i feel sick :S
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:06 am 
ok, so it's my own fault that i feel sick....but

my friend, well, person a was sorta friendly with last year, has got her 'dream job' working at a fashion/women's mag in the big smoke and is now fashion obsessed. so she made a comment on ye olde twitter about australia's next top model. ergh ergh ergh. so i did a bit of snooping to see what the 'range' was like.

fucking....insert even worse expletives here.....

i just....rargh. :-x every.single.one. is stick thin. i typed in "ausntm bmi" into google to see if they had a cut off....because there's certainly no mention of one on the website apart from the comment that they will be engaging in intense phycial something or other, i dont remember and on each models page mentioning how 'well' they're eating and exercising. there was a big uproar about a girl in the beginning auditions who was already slightly underweight told to lose 1cm from around her middle if she wanted to advance in the competition.

and then there was a model from an earlier series whose bmi ridiculously low.....

i'm so ANGRY. i just feel literally sick that this is promoted and is so popular and celebrated. these girls are so unhealthy.

:shock: rrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaarrrgh.

i tweeted them in anger :P that'll show them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:09 pm 
orange wonder

I stopped watching the American installment of the show not too long ago. To be honest, it's all the same bullshit every season. Sure we have the occasional "plus-sized" girl on the show, but in the end, are they really even plus-sized? Hardly.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:26 pm 
MartyCaseyFan wrote:
I stopped watching the American installment of the show not too long ago. To be honest, it's all the same bullshit every season. Sure we have the occasional "plus-sized" girl on the show, but in the end, are they really even plus-sized? Hardly.

In the new british one one girl there said she was worried she was considered a plus size model compared to the others... and she was told that no she wasn't plus size she was just regualr boring street size which was no good for modelling and they got rid of her and kept all the others slimmer ones. It was an interesting comment as it clearly pointed out how aware they were of how underweight and not representitive of normal girls the girls on that show are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:24 am 
galactic orange

It's getting ridiculous really. In fact, it already is ridiculous. It's shocking how girls always think they should be thin, because really, thinner isn't better. There was a shoot on the british installment last year (or was it this year?) where they had to pose in swimsuits, and of the two finalists, one you could see her ribs and the other girl was a size 12, and she looked AMAZING. and she had an average sized body. Thin isn't the real beauty. Women were meant to have hips, curves etc, so why starve them away from you to be 'beautiful'? I know real beauty comes from within, but encouraging girls to get that thin is just terrible. And because of this, peer pressure in school... *shudders*.

I guess me and my curvaceous self will just sit and huff and moan at all of this because it's silly and I don't think it's desirable. I like looking feminine!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:17 am 
orange like clockwork

It's a ridiculous show. I don't have a telly now, but I watched it a couple of times ages back and it made me sick. I just can't feel okay about those completely image based industries.

Offline Profile