Last visit was: It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: diet pills
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:57 pm 
healthy is sexy

im so sick of diet pill ads... thats all. im just so tired of seeing them. they dont trigger me, honestly, they just anger me, how much bs is fit in to 15 seconds.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:16 pm 
the original orange

Use ad blocker to cut most of them out of your life completely. I don't see many ads at all anymore.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:41 pm 
healthy is sexy

sorry, i meant on tv. is that what you mean? if so im very out of the loop technologically haha

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:45 am 
orange is hot

No, there's no such thing as adblocker for your tv yet, alas. The best you can do is record your shows and fast forward through the commercials. I completely agree about diet pill ads, though. Every iota of biological/physiological knowledge in my being screams in rage whenever one comes on. I just try to tune them out as best I can.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:12 am 
healthy is sexy

theyre just getting unbelievable. theres one with a before and after picture, BOTH of which are ridiculouslllyyy photoshopped, they dont look real at ALL. not even from a bias "i know better" kind of way. they actually look cheaply stretched. and the horrible part is some people believe them.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:01 pm 
orange is hot

Before and after shots in any sort of quick-fix weight loss ad are ridiculous; a lot of the time, they'll find a serious athlete who's suffered an injury that's kept them sedentary for a while and thus gained weight, and use a picture of them in that state for the "before" shot, then wait until they've healed and returned to their usual heavy training regime for an "after" shot. Obviously, the miracle diet cure/pill/whatever will have had nothing to do with their weight loss, and anyone who uses the miracle whatever won't see their "not typical" results unless they follow the same sort of training regime.

Offline Profile