Last visit was: It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Alli
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:13 pm 
healthy is sexy

Oh god I hate their recent commercials.

The voiceover in the ad says......

"You eat when you're happy, you eat when you're bored, sometimes you don't know why you're eating at all. Alli teaches you the right way to use food."
And then of course you have women looking in mirror & standing on scales cheering in their "life-changing" weight loss.

TEACHES YOU!? Because that's what compulsive overeaters need, is to be taught to not binge. As if they\we didn't know better & just need a lesson on how not to do that.

Yes & when I was restricting\bping hardcore, I just needed to be taught by a damn book not to do that with food.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:00 pm 
orange wonder

I've known quite a few people to take Alli, and if you're in the wrong mind-frame, yes, it can be an incentive to eat more fat. For those who abuse laxatives, the cycle just keeps going.

Alli (or at least a drug similar to it) was originally purely a prescription drug. Yes, they do warn you that you might shit yourself in a public place without warning and some of the people I know that have taken it end up having to wear adult diapers to save themselves the trouble.

Good call on this one Sami.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:05 pm 
galactic orange

My mum knew someone who actually gave up on drugs like these because she couldn't take being on the loo all the time. Yeah, Alli, you really teach people how to do things right.

My mum used to take a pill like this (I think Orlastat was the name) and it never worked for her because she had such a low fat diet. So she didn't loose any weight.

Cons if you ask me.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:55 pm 
I cannot believe these sorts of drugs are legal. They are SO harmful to your body, I have heard many horror stories about this particular drug, and not just about shitting yourself in public! It really does anger me that the companies who manufacture and market these drugs get away with this. It's not fair on the desperate (and probably mostly eating disordered) people they are aimed at. GRRR!!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:11 pm 
healthy is sexy

Oh no I hadn't heard that about Alli & incontinence, but it's worth it to be thin right? :shock: Don't worry, I am not surpised.

Blocking fat from being absorbed is just plain unatural. Yeah I remember Olestra, I ate some once, luckily not enough to grease my insides up too much. :ooook:

You know Ashley, I once considered trying to ingest a tapeworm for weight loss.
*Sigh*

Offline Profile